Buy direct from the manufacturer
Beautiful, secure and effortless. The benefits of plantation shutters are many.
They are truly timeless with their origins dating back to ancient Greece. The Europeans took them to America where they became extremely popular, especially in the south. Their name comes from these southern homes often located on cotton plantations.
So what is it about these window shutters which has appealed for centuries?
They are beautiful. Whether your interior is modern or classic, plantation shutters are a stunning design feature visible both inside and outside the home. Considered a permanent fixture, they also increase the value of a property.
They are secure. Their permanent fixture across windows adds an extra layer of security to deter unwanted intruders.
They are easy to keep clean. Made from PVC they do not fade, crack or peel so they look brand new, even after many years. They are waterproof and non-porous meaning they will not be affected by wet or damp conditions.
They are energy efficient. Keeping interiors warm in the winter and cool in the summer, plantation shutters are known to decrease energy costs by helping maintain temperature control throughout the year. Alternative materials such as metal are not advisable as they radiate heat.
They are child friendly. Our window shutters are installed safely and securely and include a 10 year structural warranty.
They are strong. They provide protection against harsh elements such as strong winds, rain, sleet and hail.
Plantation shutters design specifications
- White is by far our most popular colour so we are delighted to offer our PVC Australian made shutters is glorious white.
- Our range of specialty shapes and sizes allow for versatility and creativity for your interior space. From standard hinged panels to bi-fold options, you will be delighted with the range of choices.
- The Louvre size is 89mm (the depth and width of the blade).
- We offer a hidden rear tilt operating system which allows you to open and close the louvered shutters tightly in both directions. This offers light control and complete privacy.
- Internal or external mounting. While most commonly installed internally, plantation shutters can also be used for outdoor patios and verandahs.
We service clients across Sydney and Melbourne including:
- Home owners
- Property investors
- Interior designers
- Retail stores
- Government buildings
- Heritage buildings
- Office interiors
- Property developments
- Residential projects
- Commercial projects
Why choose Rich Shutters?
- Australian made products
- Experienced and qualified installers
- Excellent customer service
- 10 year structural warranty
- We beat any written quote
- Long lasting
- Easy to maintain
- Suits any interior
- Added window security
Contact us today
We offer a free measure and quote service which is where the fun starts! We’ll bring lots of samples for you to look at, or alternatively, you can arrange a time to visit our showroom to view our range.
Our plantation shutters are made to order and there is up to a 3 week lead time to deliver and install you new shutters.